1. Invitations – The invites will make or break this event! The crazier the better and make sure you stress that everyone has to wear the ugly sweater to be granted entrance into the party! After all … that is the theme and is the best part of the entire event! And if you’re all about tackling a great DIY project, where better to start than with the invites! No matter how you kick off the theme of your party, it’s going to make the whole event spring to life!
2. Decorations – How about creating some great DIY decorations to save the pocketbook, yet be wonderfully ugly as you would like them to be!
3. The Sweater – You can go as tame or crazy as you want to go, but we definitely suggest going crazy! Let loose for the holidays.
4. Dessert Table.
5. Appetizers – To lessen the stress, you could also make your party a pot-luck with everyone bringing a specific item to share!
6. Photo Booth – Looking to go ALL OUT and get people into this party?! Create a DIY Photo Booth and you’ll have everyone fighting to get in on the goofy pictures that are sure to happen!
7. Drinks – What could be better than a Hot Chocolate Bar at your Ugly Christmas Sweater Party?! And don’t forget some hot apple cider. Do with it what you will! I love themed drink ideas!
8. Sweater Bottle Covers – Create an activity at your party for a “Make Your Own Ugly Sweater Koozie” that everyone can get into!
9. Games – Christmas Inspired Minute-to-Win-It games sound like a great way to get everyone involved.
10. Awards – If you’re going to get people to put all of this effort into getting dressed to the nine’s in an Ugly Christmas Sweater, you better be prepared to do some judging and hand out some outrageously wacky awards! To make it even more fun, have everyone participate by voting for the winners of their choice in categories of your choosing, create a super fun ballot box (with a sweater, of course) and have everyone go nuts! Make some ballots of your own and print them off for everyone to use, and then make some fun awards of your own!