1. Make the flag the star of your 4th of July decorating with this easy centerpiece. Tuck an American flag around the edges of a clear glass vase. Then fill with your favorite red, white, and blue 4th of July flowers. A base of fresh, juicy fruit doubles as a serving platter and adds pretty color.
2. Add a little pizzazz to your treats table with festive toothpicks. Look for premade picks at a grocery or crafts store. Or make your own by printing shapes on cardstock, cutting them out, and taping to the tops of toothpicks. These little red, white, and blue flags are also great for differentiating desserts.
3. Fans help guests stay cool on a hot day, but they can also double as DIY 4th of July decorations. Find tinted fans at a local crafts store, or dip-dye plain white fans in red and blue dyes. Then hang fans on a length of twine above your bar.
4. Decorate your home in the spirit of Independence Day with our red, white, and blue 4th of July decorations. These easy decorations cover every July 4th theme you can think of—including flags and fireworks—and they’re cute to boot.
5. Give your picnic table a 4th of July makeover with patriotic table decorations. A runner of neatly pressed bandannas in hues of blue and white looks fresh, especially when paired with pretty floral centerpieces.