New Year’s Party Decorating & Food Ideas
New Year’s Eve Decorations
- Gather all your clocks, and set them around the party area.
- If you still have a Christmas tree set up, hang party hats and noisemakers from the branches. If you don’t have a tree, scatter them around a small table.
- Make or purchase a banner that says “Happy New Year!” and hang it prominently. Take a look at our personalized banners for inspiration.
- Hang streamers from the middle of the ceiling and drape them out to the corners of the room. Attach three balloons in the center of your “canopy”.
- Create a dance floor on hardwood floors and hang a disco ball above the center of the area.
- Place disposable cameras on the party table and let the guests take pictures during the party.
- Hang a chalkboard, or large poster board to a wall where people can write their New Year’s resolutions.
- Pass out confetti to your guests to throw when the New Year (or pretend New Year) begins.
New Year’s Eve Food Ideas
- Offer a buffet of kid-friendly foods, such as chicken tenders, pizza slices or pizza bagels, veggies and dip, and sliced fruit.
- Serve juice or ginger ale in plastic champagne glasses.
- Make s’mores. If you don’t have a fireplace or outdoor fire pit to roast marshmallows in the traditional fashion, use the microwave. Place a graham cracker topped with a piece of chocolate and a marshmallow in the microwave. Heat for 8-15 seconds or until the marshmallow begins to puff up. Take it out, top it with another graham cracker and serve!
- Set out a plate of crackers and cheese squares cut into star shapes.
- Make a popcorn bar where your guests can add toppings to their popcorn. Popular toppings include chocolate sauce, cinnamon & sugar, sprinkles, cheddar cheese powder, and butter. Serve the popcorn in traditional popcorn bags.
- Serve a star cake pan and write “Happy New Year!” on top in icing.
New Year’s Party Favors
Thank your guests for attending your child’s New Year’s Eve party by combining fun favors such as:
- Sticker books
- Star-shaped cookie cutters
- Fun-shaped lollipops
- A complete favor set
- Personalized party favors.